You drift down and pass through a window into the past. As you near the bottom, a recognizable shape begins to form. First, you see a straight line, then a round window. Next, a ship materializes in front of you. As you look at the wreck, past and the present meet.
Minimum Age: 15
Course Cost: $150
Prerequisite: PADI Adventure Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization).
Course Fees Include:
- 4 open water dives conducted over a 2 day period
- All academic instruction
- Use of all gear, tanks & weights during the course
- PADI Wreck Diver Certification Card (good for life)
Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating
- Lifetime support - Call or email if you ever have any Scuba-related questions
Equipment Requirements: None required - However, divers should have their own snorkel gear (mask, fins & snorkel). I supply the BCD, regulator & tanks. I have snorkel gear available that you can use until you purchase your own set.
- Quarry entry fees
- PADI Wreck Diver Specialty Manual (required) - $30
- Transportation & expenses if open water dives are conducted in the ocean.
Location: Open Water (quarry or ocean)
Whether sunk intentionally or tragically, whether a sunken ship, a plane or an automobile, the call of wrecks is nearly irresistible to divers. Through the PADI Wreck Diver Specialty course, you get the skills, knowledge and procedures you need to answer the call of wreck diving.
The course consists of two parts:
- Academics - The academics is self-study. You read the book, take the chapter quizzes and watch the Wreck Diver video. We'll get together throughout the course to answer any questions, review material and grade the quizzes.
- Open Water dives - The 4 open water dives are conducted either in a local quarry, in Florida or on a Caribbean dive trip. You'll learn how to navigate & map wrecks, become aware of hazards associated with wrecks like ropes & fishing lines and learn how to use a wreck reel