Other than taking someone diving, there’s only one way to show someone the sounds, motion and dynamics of the underwater world: video.
Show your scuba vacation adventures to your friends and family. Use your editing skills to share your clips with the world through YouTube, MySpace, Facebook and more. Use your underwater videos to turn more of your friends into dive buddies.
Minimum Age: 10
Course Cost: $150
Prerequisite: PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization).
Course Fees Include:
- 3 open water dives
- All academic instruction
- Use of all gear, tanks & weights during the course
- PADI Underwater Videographer Certification Card (good for life)
Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating
- Lifetime support - Call or email if you ever have any Scuba-related questions
Equipment Requirements: None required - However, divers should have their own snorkel gear (mask, fins & snorkel). I supply the BCD, regulator & tanks. I have snorkel gear available that you can use until you purchase your own set.
- Quarry entry fees
- Transportation & expenses if open water dives are conducted in the ocean.
Location: Pool and Open Water (quarry or ocean)
The PADI Underwater Videographer Specialty course shows you how to create videos that are interesting, entertaining and worth watching again and again.
By the time you complete the course, you’ll have gone through the entire basic video production process.
- Selecting, maintaining and caring for your underwater video equipment
- Videography fundamentals, such as
- shot types
- story line
- shot sequencing
- The post-dive editing process where you take your raw footage and create an underwater masterpiece.