Float effortlessly, drifting over reefs. Be the diver you want to be, with ultimate buoyancy control, able to hover close to the bottom and examine underwater organisms without touching them.
Minimum Age: 10
Course Cost: $75
Prerequisite: PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization).
Course Fees Include:
- 2 open water dives (quarry or ocean dives).
- All academic instruction
- Use of all gear, tanks & weights during the course
- PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Certification Card (good for life)
Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating
- Lifetime support - Call or email if you ever have any Scuba-related questions
Equipment Requirements: None required - However, divers should have their own snorkel gear (mask, fins & snorkel). I supply the BCD, regulator & tanks. I have snorkel gear available that you can use until you purchase your own set.
- Quarry entry fees
- PADI Adventures in Diving Manual (required) - $40
- Transportation & expenses if open water dives are conducted in the ocean.
Location: Open Water (quarry or ocean)
Buoyancy skills separate the good divers from the great divers. In the Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course, you will learn to how to precisely weight yourself for optimum control, poise and balance.
The course consists of two parts:
- Academics - The academics is self-study. You read the Peak Performance Buoyancy chapter in the Adventures in Diving Manual and watch the Peak Performance Buoyancy video.
- Open Water dives - The 2 open water dives are conducted either in a local quarry, in Florida or on a Caribbean dive trip. During the two dives you learn to ascend and descend so effortlessly, it seems like you only think about it and it happens. By mastering streamlining, you move through the water cleanly, efficiently and gracefully.