Digital has taken the underwater photography world by storm. Get in on the action with the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty course. You can quickly and easily capture the underwater world with your camera and on your computer.
Minimum Age: 10
Course Cost: $150
Prerequisite: PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization).
Course Fees Include:
- 2 open water dives
- All academic instruction
- Use of all gear, tanks & weights during the course
- PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Certification Card (good for life)
Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating
- Lifetime support - Call or email if you ever have any Scuba-related questions
Equipment Requirements: None required - However, divers should have their own snorkel gear (mask, fins & snorkel). I supply the BCD, regulator & tanks. I have snorkel gear available that you can use until you purchase your own set.
- Quarry entry fees
- PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Crew-Pak (required) - $40
- Transportation & expenses if open water dives are conducted in the ocean.
Location: Pool and Open Water (quarry or ocean)
During the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty course, you learn to use the PADI SEA (Shoot, Examine and Adjust) method, which takes full advantage of digital technology. The result is good underwater photos faster than you may imagine. You not only learn how to take good photos, but how to share them with your friends via email or printing, optimizing your work with your computer, storage and more.
The course consists of two parts:
- Academics - The academics is self-study. You read the book and take the chapter quizzes We'll get together throughout the course to answer any questions, review material and grade the quizzes.
- Open Water dives - The two open water dives are conducted either in a local quarry, in Florida or on a Caribbean dive trip. The open water dives is where you take pictures using the PADI SEA method. You'll download your pictures to a computer to see how well you did